There are several things you can do to get more email subscribers...
You could host a webinar, guest blog or run a Facebook contest, just to name a few. But there are so many other easy and effective ways.
Here are “6 Simple Steps to Grow Your Email List”.
1. Add an opt-in form to every page of your site. Your opt-in form needs to appear on every page of your website, not just your home page. Don’t just add a link to sign up form either – add the actual form itself. Using an embedded form gives people one less step in signing up. And don’t make people hunt for your form. Make sure it’s highly visible – the top right hand corner of your site is ideal.
2. Have more than one opt-in form on each page of your site. Have two or even three opt-in forms on every page of your site. One should be in the upper right hand corner. The other one should be in or near the footer. If you can sneak in a third form in an appropriate high traffic location, all the better!
3. Reward people for signing up. Simply asking people to sign up for your newsletter just won’t cut it anymore. You have to give people an incentive to join your list. A free white paper or e-guide appeals to B2B, whilst a discount or competition entry is a good incentive for B2C/retailers.
4. Don’t call your newsletter a newsletter. Most of us are already subscribed to too many newsletters! Try “Weekly updates” instead. This usually gets more subscribers than 'newsletters'.
5. Make your "About Us" page a customised opt-in form. About Us pages are one of the most valuable pages on a website. It is often the second-most visited page on a site. Make the most of this traffic and include an opt-in form between the paragraphs of your about us page. It’s not uncommon to see opt-in rates over 5 percent on About Us pages.
6. Ask people to sign up after they’ve read your blog. If you're a WordPress user, a free plugin like Comment Redirect make it easy. If someone is engaged enough to comment on your blog, the odds are high they would respond well if they were reminded about your email updates.
Jody Sharpe has over 20 years experience in marketing & branding and is passionate about helping local small businesses grow.